Thursday, March 17, 2011

SMARTER THAN A 5TH GRADER



I'm on skype with my five year old cousin.
"Smarter than a 5th grader" is showing on thier American screen.
We're having a very animated conversation about toy cars, trucks and wheels.
All my little cousin's luxury vehicles seem to have numbers inscribed on them.
I seize an opportunity to talk about numbers.
So, we're having a whole conversation about all the great things there are about the number 100 - which I'm just learning is his favourite number.
"Maame, so is 1 the first number?"
"Yes darling" I say, happy to have sustained his interest this long.
"Noooo. 0 comes before 1" he says with an excited pitch in his voice and a glint in his eye. My little cousin tricked me!
My auntie is lmao'ing in the background. "You're not smarter than a 5th grader"- she screams from the kitchen.
Hmmm ... adorable kids of today!!!

3 comments:

  1. lol ... kids of today are so much more advanced than we were at thier age

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... 66 98 98 ... lol

    ReplyDelete