Monday, January 10, 2011

1.8 BILLION! WOW!!

Slouched lazily in a chair about 3 meters from a tv set on a Saturday morning, my senses are arrested by GHanaians at their dramatic best in a local movie.
Someone's hospital bill is GHS 2000.00. I tilt my head to the left ... well, plausible - who knows what ails her?
Then a woman frantically ransacks her boyfriend's bedroom and pulls out a cheque from a closet ... "1.8 billion! wow!" she screams and tears out the signed cheque from the cheque book.
I tilt my head to the left, then right, then left again but still ... 1.8 billion? Who writes out a cheque, signs it and leaves it lying around? and for 1.8 billon?? who has that kind of money???
Is it me or do local movies quote money as though they were banks moving money to vault?
1.8 billion??? Wow!!!
Believable stories, please!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment